Hi,
I am a software developer, we use DBpedia instance type or mapping-based
type files in a pipeline to recognize entities.
We found that the latest instance-types resource available at
http://downloads.dbpedia.org/2015-04/core-i18n/en/instance-types_en.nt.bz2
is much smaller than the corresponding 2014 release
http://data.dws.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/dbpedia/2014/en/instance_types_en.nt.bz2
.
As a result, the latest instance file is missing many entries present on
Wikipedia such as Taj_Mahal, J._Paul_Getty_Museum, Grand_Canyon.
What is the reason for the reduced size (110MB->35MB)
Is this a bug?
Are there some other files that we have to consider along with this file?

We also sometimes see entries with '__', as in "Abraham_Lincoln__1" in the
line
<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Abraham_Lincoln__1> <
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <
http://dbpedia.org/ontology/TimePeriod>
What does '__' mean? Where can I find more information about these things.

Thanks
--
Vihari PIratla