Hi Vihari,

The main reason for the size reduction is due to the split between direct &
transitive types [1]
There was a bug [2] that indirectly affected some type assignments but is
now fixed and the next release will not have this problem.
Also note that besides SD-Types, in this release we published two
additional type datasets, dbatx and LHD [3]

Regarding your 2nd question ('__'). These resources are extracted from
additional infoboxes in the same page but when they cannot be merged, we
create additional resources.
This is also a way to create intermediate node mappings
<http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Template:IntermediateNodeMapping>through
the mappings wiki e.g. in [4]

[1]
http://downloads.dbpedia.org/2015-04/core-i18n/en/instance-types-transitive_en.nt.bz2
[2] https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/issues/404
[3] http://wiki.dbpedia.org/dbpedia-data-set-2015-04
[4] http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_en:Infobox_officeholder

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Vihari Piratla <viharipira...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a software developer, we use DBpedia instance type or mapping-based
> type files in a pipeline to recognize entities.
> We found that the latest instance-types resource available at
> http://downloads.dbpedia.org/2015-04/core-i18n/en/instance-types_en.nt.bz2
> is much smaller than the corresponding 2014 release
> http://data.dws.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/dbpedia/2014/en/instance_types_en.nt.bz2
> .
> As a result, the latest instance file is missing many entries present on
> Wikipedia such as Taj_Mahal, J._Paul_Getty_Museum, Grand_Canyon.
> What is the reason for the reduced size (110MB->35MB)
> Is this a bug?
> Are there some other files that we have to consider along with this file?
>
> We also sometimes see entries with '__', as in "Abraham_Lincoln__1" in the
> line
> <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Abraham_Lincoln__1> <
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <
> http://dbpedia.org/ontology/TimePeriod>
> What does '__' mean? Where can I find more information about these things.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Vihari PIratla

Kontokostas Dimitris