Hi Brij and welcome to our community!

Have a look at the following threads [1, 2] for more detailed
discussions about the project.
Since research in this area is very active, THE warm-up task is to
maximize code porting from existing projects.
Cheers!

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/dbpedia/mailman/message/32024743/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/dbpedia/mailman/message/32026164/

On 3/12/14, 9:00 PM, Brij Mohan Lal Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is Brij Mohan. I study at IIIT-Hyderabad, India. I am interested to
> work on the "Natural Language question answering engine" project
> proposed by DBpedia.
>
> I have 2+ years of industry experience and have worked on various IBM
> projects at Avnet Inc. I have immense liking towards NLP and Machine
> Learning. Hence I am pursuing my Masters by Research at IIIT. My
> research project is Dialog Systems in Speech.
>
> I have read following papers related to NLIDB:
> 1. www.iiit.ac.in/~sangal/files/papers/PID2519697.pdf
> <http://www.iiit.ac.in/~sangal/files/papers/PID2519697.pdf>
> 2. www.aclweb.org/anthology/I/I13/I13-1173.pdf
> <http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/I/I13/I13-1173.pdf>
>
> These papers give deep insights to solve NLIDB problems and will
> definitely be of great help to proceed further in the given DBpedia project.
>
> Please find my CV at
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0jfwtpfr9hqsz3/Brij-CV-IIIT.pdf. Or check my
> profile at http://about.me/brijmohan , http://lnkd.in/GBCuQs
>
> I like to work on Java / C++ / Python and am comfortable with any OOP
> language including JS (related frameworks like Node.js, etc).
>
> I am preparing my project proposal and will be submitting it soon.
> Please guide me on getting started on the warm-up exercises so that I
> can get an insight of the project.
>
> Nice to have all of your support.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> --