I dunno how I missed it -- but as I was looking for a new way to help
the new caretaker of 1988 search past archives for updates to 1988, I
stumbled across something very cool this morning:

at the berkeley.edu site, where the mailing list is run, and where
the mailing list archives exist in text files via gopher and ftp,
there is now a nice web interface
(http://www.mail-archive.com/deadlists%40nemesis.cs.berkeley.edu/).

This will likely make searching for old posts much easier.

I'm also going to try to add the contents to the search function on
deadlists.com -- which is kind meek right now in terms of useful
results but will hopefully get better.

=====
Nathan Wolfson

[EMAIL PROTECTED]