Title: Re: Hollywood Festival 5-24-70
Michael M. Getz Pepper Tonic Productions Order My Book! www.elizabundledee.com/peppertonic.htm

Can anyone please clarify if any circulating CDs of the soundboard of this show are free from distortion during disc 2 (especially during Dark Star and Lovelight)? My copy has longish periods during both these tracks where distortion dominates the sound (this may or may not be due to stiction, although I don't think it is).  Also an observation on the Deadlists entry for the show - I'd suggest that Phil's call of "E chord" is directed at Pigpen rather than Weir - Weir has been audible and playing OK (to my ears) prior to this, whereas Pig kicks in with a very tentative chord on the organ immediately afterwards.

Thanks to everyone involved with Deadlists, the Taping Compendium, Resources For Tapers, Deadbase and all the others, for keeping us folks in the UK informed and involved.

Simon Phillips

ps. we weren't the coldest audience - the sun shone throughout!

The distortion should only be during Lovelight, mate.

Michael