> I visited the site and could not locate any reference to
> selling tapes. Is
> it listed in the auction catalog only or am I missing it at the site?
> Selling tapes is wrong.  What an odd thing to do...if
> true...it's another
> tribute to greed.

This is a direct quote from the catalog (posted by a DNC'er who bought the
catalog):
lot#40 "concert tapes"..and i quote.."a magnificent collection of over 1800
grateful dead concert tapes makes this one of the most complete collections
of Dead concert tapes in existence,including concerts from the
60`s,70`s,80`s 90`s,up to the very last shows in Chicago at Soldiers
field.these are well over 1000 grateful dead live preformances archived in
this cassette colection"..$6,000-$8,000

This really boils my butt.  Sure wish I knew the details.