From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 2:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 1976 update [10-02-76]

The following info is not broken up in "deadlist timings," but I knew folks
would be happy to know that this is about to spring forth into our world of
trading.

--Noah

GRATEFUL DEAD
Saturday, October 2, 1976
River Front Coliseum - Cincinnati, OH
Audience Recording

AudMC > DAT > WAV > SHN

Recorded by Jerry Moore on the left side, maybe a third of the
way out from the stage and two thirds in front of center court,
about 20 rows off the floor with 2 hand held Sony ECM-33Ps >
Sony TC-153 deck.  Maxell UD-120 cassettes, with Dolby B ON.

A > D by Noah Weiner ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) January 2003

Nakamichi MR-1 cassette deck (MC playback) > Teac AN-180 Dolby
decoder > Fostex D5 DAT deck (A>D only) > Turtle Beach Montego II
Digital I/O > Soundforge (wav editing and track IDs) > SHNTOOL
(SBE fix) > MKW (shn)

note: There are occasional digital tick like sounds that upon
examination in Soundforge did not resemble digital errors.  After
replaying the master cassettes, they were found there as well.
They are more than likely claps from very close to the mics or
simply anomalies on the master cassettes themselves.  Because it
was hard to determine the clap/error truth, they have been left
on the final product.  These occur only a handful of times
throughout the show.

DISC ONE [63:35]
set one-a:
01 [05:39] //Promised Land*
02 [07:59] They Love Each Other*
03 [07:35] New Minglewood Blues
04 [12:20] Row Jimmy
05 [05:38] El Paso
06 [11:40] Tennessee Jed
07 [07:25] It's All Over Now
08 [05:19] Brown Eyed Women

*taken from circulating AUD > ? > C > DAT > CD source.  EQ applied
to somewhat improve sound quality and provide better transition
into Moore's master.  Moore missed the first two songs due to
"audience problems."

DISC TWO [73:26]
set one end:
01 [01:16] crowd
02 [12:57] Let It Grow >
03 [06:18] Might As Well
set two-a:
04 [01:49] crowd & tuning
05 [08:12] The Music Never Stopped*
06 [09:14] Candyman
07 [08:48] Samson and Delilah
08 [09:27] It Must Have Been The Roses
09 [06:14] Big River
10 [09:11] Friend Of The Devil

*left channel line distortion on master cassette corrected
with right channel blend at 04:12 (one second), 06:28 and
06:29 (under one second each)

DISC THREE [51:18]
set two-end:
01 [01:13] crowd
02 [10:33] Dancin' In The Streets >
03 [04:03] Drums >
04 [10:25] Other One >
05 [10:59] Stella Blue* >
06 [03:01] Other One >
07 [11:04] Sugar Magnolia

*two minor noise blips on the master cassette from 6:07 to 6:09
could not be removed affectively, thus they remain.

note: There was no encore played.