That is correct.  There has been argument about the exact city the "new" Compton
Terrace is.  Many argue it's actually Phoenix.  It is, indeed, Chandler, at least as
far as the phone book is concerned.

http://qwestdex.com/servlet/ActionServlet?pid=bresults&from=&resultform=basic&city=&state=Arizona&metro=true&hdg_val=&heading=&name=compton+terrace&Submit.x=55&Submit.y=4

> From: "Phil ROUSCULP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2003/08/20 Wed PM 04:36:05 EDT
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: 12/6/92
>
> I was browsing your site and was looking up 12/9/90 (a great show) and was surprised
> when I clicked on the venue that the '92 shows didn't appear.  Then I discovered
> that they were listed as the Compton Terrace in Tempe.  Actually, the '90 and the
> '92 Compton Terrace shows were both at the Chandler location.  The Tempe Compton
> Terrace no longer existed, although it was a FINE venue, combined with an amusement
> park, and the site of my first Dead show, 6/5/80.
>
> Hate to be a picky Deadhead, but that's the Deal.
>
> Phil
> Tucson

I was browsing your site and was looking up 12/9/90 (a great show) and was surprised when I clicked on the venue that the '92 shows didn't appear.  Then I discovered that they were listed as the Compton Terrace in Tempe.  Actually, the '90 and the '92 Compton Terrace shows were both at the Chandler location.  The Tempe Compton Terrace no longer existed, although it was a FINE venue, combined with an amusement park, and the site of my first Dead show, 6/5/80.

Hate to be a picky Deadhead, but that's the Deal.

Phil
Tucson
  • 12/6/92 Phil ROUSCULP
    • david.hollister