This has bothered me for a couple of years:

I read a Rolling Stone review of 3/19/73 that was
published in a book of classic concert reviews that
said that the He's Gone on this night was a tribute to
PigPen.

I was just looking at a review of 3/19/73 on the
internet live music archive, and a reviewer said
something like the "He's Gone - in which they mention
PigPen" is not here.

I've got two different audience tapes of this song,
and both are uninterrupted, and neither has any
mention of PigPen before, after or during the song.

It's very gospel-ish, and I imagine it was a way of
saying goodbye to him, but I sure can't hear it.

Why do people think there is something?  Am I missing
it?
Dan

Yahoo! Mail