Hi,

I'd like to get everyone's feedback on whether Deadlists should change the
mechanism and/or access to the Deadlists mailing list.

Here are the choices, don't need to respond back to the list unless you want
the list to hear your voice!

1.  Keep current style, don't change - email-ONLY distribution, open to
public posts, but moderate public posts.

2.  Change to Forum/Bulletin Board Discussion style.  This is quite common
these days.  The Deadlists server has free software I can enable to
facilitate it, which is based on open source code.  It's called phpBB and
details about it can be obtained here: http://www.phpbb.com/.  I would imbed
this into the Deadlists website.  Would mean guests may only read, but must
register to post.  Allows email tracking of posts, but does NOT have a
general email distribution. Would require re-registering.

3. Web-based Mailing List.  This is much like how Yahoo Groups works.  Has
an actual website I can integrate better into the Deadlists site for the
list to view messages that are posted, but works the same way as the
Berkeley mail system.  This also exists on the Deadlists server, but has a
nominal monthly charge associated with it.  Has good SPAM filtering so could
have non-registered and registered posting without moderation.  Here's the
feature list http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/
Would require re-registering.

Thanks,

Kevin