I can do it.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Sorochty
  To: DeadLists.com ; Charlie Miller
  Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:26 PM
  Subject: 2/3/68: Request for assistance

  All -

  I have always suspected that one of the 1968 mystery tapes may just be an
incomplete copy of 2/3/68 - or a mix tape containing part of 2/3/68.  The reson
I thougth this was that Bobby flubs the lyrics on The Other One in the exact
same way on both recordings - he sings:

  "It left my mind, crater of a mind..., what the hey".

  The mystery tape contains It Hurts Me Too.  Previously circulating copies of
2/3/68 did not contain It Hurts Me Too, but the newest most complete copy does.
 This makes me more suspicious these are both the same show.

  Could Charlie or someone else who has audio editing software put the wave
files from both of these sources into the program and compare them.  Don't want
to jump to conclusions, but I'd be willing to bet they are the same.  It would
be worth it to compare all the songs as the mystery tape could be a
compilation/mix tape from different sources.

  Hoping that someone who works on those "matrix" recordings could know just
exactly what to do.

  Here is the mystery tape found in the vault that needs to be compared to
2/3/68:

  Band Grateful Dead

  Venue Unknown Venue

  Location Unknown, Unknown

  Date ??/??/68 - Monday posters  tickets, passes & laminates

  One Cryptical Envelopment [#1:06] > The Other One [2:31] > Cryptical
Envelopment [3:30] > New Potato Caboose [8:41] % It Hurts Me Too [#4:05] % Born
Cross-Eyed [3:08#]

  Comments The date and location of this recording are unknown. There is no
Drums after the first Cryptical, the Other one has the standard lyrics, but
Bobby stumbles with them as on 2/3/68.

  Download Sources SBD -> Master Reel -> Dat (48k)

  Recordings

  Contributors David Sorochty , Michael Goetz

  Caretaker David Sorochty email update