Thank you for a great answer,

The subdivided grid generator approach worked fine for me.

I just had a question about the third option. If one used FE_Nothing, what
is the boundary that is used when doing calculations? Is it the boundary of
the big box or the green box? Is this handle automatically or does one need
to mark the green box with boundary indicator for example.

Thanks,
Joel