Hi, all.
I have a question on post processing of solution values.
My solution is block vector solution that is consist of two parts.
First part is velocities(u_x,u_y) and pressure.

My purpose is to calculate shear-rate at each dof (or at each cell) which
only deals with dof of velocities part.

I tried to code following data post processing for my goal.

    template <int dim>

    void

    ShearProblem<dim>::post_processing ()

    {

        // std::cout << "   Post Processing..." << std::endl;

        const MappingQ<dim> mapping (degree);

        QGauss<dim>   quadrature_formula(1);

        FEValues<dim> fe_values (mapping, fe, quadrature_formula,

                                 update_values    |

                                 update_quadrature_points  |

                                 update_JxW_values |

                                 update_gradients);

        const unsigned int   dofs_per_cell   = fe.dofs_per_cell;

        const unsigned int   n_q_points      = quadrature_formula.size();

        std::vector<SymmetricTensor<2,dim> > local_symgrad_phi_u
(n_q_points);

        std::cout<< "   n_q_point: " << n_q_points << std::endl;

        const FEValuesExtractors::Vector velocities (0);

        Vector<double> cellwise_shear_rate (triangulation.n_active_cells());

        // I want to save my data in this part and attach this to
dof_handler, so I can make data out in -vtk format later

        unsigned int k=0;

        typename DoFHandler<dim>::active_cell_iterator

        cell = dof_handler.begin_active(),

        endc = dof_handler.end();

        for (; cell!=endc; ++cell)

        {

            fe_values.reinit (cell);

            fe_values[velocities].get_function_symmetric_gradients
(solution, local_symgrad_phi_u);

            unsigned int q=0;

            double shear_rate = std::sqrt( local_symgrad_phi_u[q]*
local_symgrad_phi_u[q] *2 );

            *cellwise_shear_rate(k)=shear_rate;*

            k+=1;

        }

    }

I could able to - shear_rate at each cell appropriately,

 but How can I relate my 'cellwise_shear_rate' with dof handler so that I
finally able to see the values in 'vtk' format?
for now, it just seems that no more than a list of arrays....

Always thank you all!

Jaekwang Kim