On 12/21/2016 02:05 PM, Jaekwang Kim wrote:

I tried to code following data post processing for my goal.

    template<intdim>

    void

    ShearProblem<dim>::post_processing ()

    {

        // std::cout << "   Post Processing..." << std::endl;

        constMappingQ<dim> mapping (degree);

        QGauss<dim>   quadrature_formula(1);

        FEValues<dim> fe_values (mapping, fe, quadrature_formula,

                                 update_values    |

                                 update_quadrature_points  |

                                 update_JxW_values |

                                 update_gradients);

        constunsignedint  dofs_per_cell   = fe.dofs_per_cell;

        constunsignedint  n_q_points      = quadrature_formula.size();

        std::vector<SymmetricTensor<2,dim> > local_symgrad_phi_u (n_q_points);

        std::cout<< "   n_q_point: "<< n_q_points << std::endl;

        constFEValuesExtractors::Vector velocities (0);

        Vector<double> cellwise_shear_rate (triangulation.n_active_cells());

        // I want to save my data in this part and attach this to dof_handler,
so I can make data out in -vtk format later

        unsignedintk=0;

        typenameDoFHandler<dim>::active_cell_iterator

        cell = dof_handler.begin_active(),

        endc = dof_handler.end();

        for(; cell!=endc; ++cell)

        {

            fe_values.reinit (cell);

            fe_values[velocities].get_function_symmetric_gradients (solution,
local_symgrad_phi_u);

            unsignedintq=0;

            doubleshear_rate = std::sqrt( local_symgrad_phi_u[q]*
local_symgrad_phi_u[q] *2);

            *cellwise_shear_rate(k)=shear_rate;*

            k+=1;

        }

    }

I could able to - shear_rate at each cell appropriately,

 but How can I relate my 'cellwise_shear_rate' with dof handler so that I
finally able to see the values in 'vtk' format?
for now, it just seems that no more than a list of arrays....

You can just attach this vector of values to a DataOut object and output that. That's what we often do with the vector of error indicators (which also has the size triangulation.n_active_cells()), but your case is really no different.