Ehsan,

In my code first I calculate displacements (uh) then in each cell at the
> q_points I calculate S_xx, S_xy, S_yy stress components and project them to
> the nodes and with a averaging method calculate stress nodal values.
>
> Now I want to calculate stress components in polar coordinates.
> I would like to send Sigma_xx, Sigma_xy and Sigma_yy to DataPostprocessor
> class and inside compute_derived_quantities_vector calculate S_rr.

If you already compute S_xx, S_xy and S_yy explicitly outside of
DataPostprocessor, you can certainly also do that for S_rr. If you want to
use DataPostprocessor for computing S_rr, you would create a FiniteElement
with three components (S_xx, S_xy and S_yy) a corresponding DoFHandler and
assign the values of S_xx, S_xy and S_yy to a finite element vector
appropriately. This finite element vector could then be used in
DataPostprocessor (using uh) to compute S_rr.

If you don't insist on projecting and averaging you stress components, all
this can be done using DataPostprocessorn in your current setup.
You would just hand your displacement vector to DataPostprocessor and
compute S_xx, S_xy and S_yy from duh. Finally, use S_xx, S_xy, S_yy and
evaluation_points to calculate S_rr.
In this case, the resulting output is most likely discontinuous.

Best,
Daniel