Dear Tim,

Thanks for letting us know that you finally got it installed. Thats good to
know in case anyone else experiences similar problems in the future.

I've had a look at our readme entry on Trilinos
<https://www.dealii.org/8.5.0/external-libs/trilinos.html>, and it looks
like to don't formally support Trilinos 12.10 at this time (although I
stand to be corrected on this point). That said, I have deal.II 8.5 built
against Trilinos 12.10.1 on two local machines and we have the same setup
on a cluster, so perhaps it is necessary to use a newer version of deal.II
for this newer Trilinos release. Strange that 11.8.1 didn't work though,
since that falls within the band of supported releases. We'll try to
install and test deal.II 8.4.1 against Trilinos 12.10 on our cluster
(CentOS 7) to see if we hit similar issues to you.

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul