Chih-Che,

> I just start to install p4est first in our server consisting of many
> machines. Then, after following the basic in instruction shown here, I get
> the following error. Can you help me out?
Sure.

> pgc++-Error-Unknown switch: -print-prog-name=ld
Don't use pgi :-) We aren't done with the pgi port. You will also get
into trouble when you try to compile boost. Look at this thread
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/issues/4363 You will need to patch
Boost to get PGI to work or install it with spack (that works too I
have tried). If you want to use pgi you cannot use the script to
install p4est, you will need to do it by hand (or maybe use spack, I
don't know if it works). I am using pgi on one of my code and it's
incredibly slow to compile C++. pgi is great for fortran not so much
for C++ but it's definitely improving!

Best,

Bruno