I would consider the boundary conditions part of the nonlinear
iteration (in contrast to step-15, where they are strongly enforced
and as such are only needed in step 0). Every step you can evaluate
your nonlinear residual which contains a residual in the boundary
condition and that difference needs to be applied in every step
(assuming you solve for an update in each Newton step).

--
Timo Heister
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/