Thank you Profs.

Prof. Bangerth, I probably wasn't clear in my question. I know how to apply
BCs for an interior penalty problem weakly.
But, for a non-linear problem like step 15, one initialises the solution
vector and sets it to the value of the BCs at the boundary before solving
for the Newton update. This is done explicitly in function
'set_boundary_values()' in step 15 with the function  '
VectorTools::interpolate_boundary_values
<https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/namespaceVectorTools.html#ab2562d41bb26f362043f9719a8cd9b87>
'.
I cannot use this function with DG elements apparently and I am wondering
if there are any alternatives.

Prof. Hiester, don't you think that subtracting small and manipulating
large numbers in the residual will cause some problems?
I'll give it a try for sure though.

Thanks again