Yeah, China tries to promote its own atrocities and scandals.  Case in
point: China views the worldwide protests of the Olympic flame as a way to
get higher ratings for its Olympic telecasts.  Tibet should soon be allowed
to retain its cultural distinctiveness and those people beaten, tortured and
killed are part of the "big show."

  Hmmmm.

Quoting Ami Ganguli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Do note from the article, though, that this isn't legal in China, and
> there is an effort to control it.
>
> Note that Chinese media is state-controlled, so it's not actually that
> the state is only responding because of the scandal and public outcry.
>  The state actually creates the public outcry by putting this stuff on
> T.V., and then makes a big show of shutting it down.
>
> ... Ami.
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Georgi Sabev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Dear co-debaters and co-"debatresses" (I hope you don't mind me quoting
> you
> >  here, Anna :)),
> >
> >  A couple of weeks ago we had a debate about China, and then I brought
> an
> >  example of child slavery in contemporary China. As I was asked to
> send
> >  proofs to the disbelievers, I am doing that now.
> >  Check out:
> http://poverty.suite101.com/article.cfm/child_slaves_in_china_freed
> >
> >  And if you don't believe the written text, enjoy Chopin's Nocturne and
> see
> >  what the author is talking about, but this time in a short(4-min long)
> clip:
> >  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATpKvCCpTOY
> >
> >  Mhm... it really takes place... unfortunately!
> >
> >  Regards,
> >  Georgi

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.

~George Orwell