Hi

I've managed to get nvidia drivers and madwifi working on my amd64 box, but something's gone wrong while I've been installing vmware 30-day demo.

I can't get the bridged networking to work, and I've tried a couple of the vmware-any-any patches.

Around the same time, I noticed something odd about dpkg. dpkg-architecture (at version 1.13.1.11 of dpkg) gives:

dpkg-architecture
dpkg-architecture: warning: Unknown gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu, falling back to default (native compilation) dpkg-architecture: warning: Specified GNU system type x86_64-linux does not match gcc system type x86_64-linux-gnu.
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=amd64
DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=x86_64
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=x86_64-linux
DEB_HOST_ARCH=amd64
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=x86_64
DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=x86_64-linux

uname -r gives:

2.6.8-11-amd64-generic

Can anyone give me any pointers here? I changed my sources.list back and forward quite a lot when installing the nvidia and madwifi stuff and I figured maybe I had messed up the version of something significant.

Thanks

Simon