Rupert Heesom wrote:

I seem to be having problems when configuring my disk setup during the net install for sarge amd64.

I'm trying to configure /home to be an MD within an LVM container.
Although the install can configure it, when I've rebooted the install, and installed evms, then it seems the LVM container has the wrong MD in it.

Without going into further details, has anyone else tried to configure an MD within an LVM using the amd64 install?

No, but I have setup an LVM physical volume on top of an RAID1 MD device before. I did it from within the Debian installer, and without issue. Are you sure this is not what you want? I'm not sure I understand the purpose of an MD device made from an LVM physical volumes...

I'm wondering about using EVMS to reconfigure the /home LVM container that was created at install.

Also how do those using MD (raid1) handle the SWAP partition? Do you leave the 2 partitions that would be used for an MD seperate and use each one for swap space, or do you use an MD for swap space?

You should keep swap partitions off of MD devices. If you've multiple swap partitions, you can pass the "pri" option to stripe among your swap partitions (ala RAID0) for a slightly performance boost. Running RAID1, RAID5, etc for a swap partition is a waste of diskspace and CPU cycles.

--
Samat Jain <http://tamasrepus.rhombic.net/>