On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 04:52:37PM +0200, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> Hi Len,
> I'm running amd64 and i386 separately on two different HD's. They are
> both bootable and my problems arise on the amd64 installation. The i386
> is fine, no problems anywhere. So I need to know about "things having to
> be done a bit differently if running amd64". Please enlighten me.

Just an amd64 kernel on i386 distribution (which is what I currently
run, along with a 64bit chroot for testing things).  With the mix I have
to use a few things from 64bit since the kernel is 64bit, although most
32bit stuff works just fine with it.

If you are running a pure 64bit then it should be working with that
driver loaded already assuming the /dev entries exist and your user is
in the audio group and alsamixer has been used to set the volume and
mute appropriately.

Len Sorensen