On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:35:14AM +0200, thierry wrote:
> Hi, list:
> I am trying to install Etch on a laptop. Actually,the install goes well,
> but nor KDE, nor Gnome will install due to dependencies problems, too
> numerus to list here. Has anyone experienced the same problem, or am I
> doing something wrong?

With amd64, I'm seeing the same, most apps depending on gnome 2.14 and
kde 3.5.2, both of which aren't complete yet. This has been holding up
upgrades for about a week now.

To me, it looks like the buildds are not keeping up and/or there's a problem
with the sid->etch transition. Since I installed sarge long ago, and
dist-upgraded
to testing from there, I keep having a stable and working system (most of
the time at least)

Steffen