El Jueves, 25 de Mayo de 2006 17:20, Gregory B. Prokopsky escribió:
> Hi guys,
>
> My lab got shiny dual core AMD64 machines and I am trying to install
> Debian port for AMD64 on them with netinst images.
>
> * I tried Sarge CD, it booted, but keyboard was dead (USB).
> * I tried "snapshot" CD of testing, it didn't want to boot, just like if
> it wasn't a bootable CD.
> * I tried the latest "daily build" of CD for testing, same story.

Since i found about Debian From Scratch i no longer make use of install
media. Just boot with DFS cd, make partitions with fdisk mount them and
debootstrap a debian system (man debootstrap for help). (is like a
netinstall, downloads latest version of all packages needed and install
them on the new partitions, finally install a kernel and grub and you are
done).

And forget about sarge/stable for AMD64 machines...

Aritz Beraza [Rei]
--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]   [http://www.ayanami.es]
- No enviarás correos en HTML a La Lista.