I have a server where I am using virtual network interfaces or aliased
interfaces, eth0:x format to listen to multiples ips on the same nic. I
will be running different sites with different services based on the ip
address. I want different iptables policy for these ip/interfaces. It
seems like iptables doesnt understand virtual network interfaces at all.
I tried to search for a solution but couldnt find any. I was wondering
if anyone of you had experiences with setting up iptables with virtual
network interfaces.

Thanks,

Bharath

---