Thanks Lennart, thanks Jim, for the good points.
I think i can accept the matter of facts ;)

It's generally a great fun to read your postings.
Just let me say thx here for sharing your insight.
That should apply to all those real freaks on this list.

kr micha

ps. I imagine quadcore (and beyond) may be able to solve what appears a little
'optical imbalance'.
I would be interested to know if linux has specific schedulers for these archs
but it's probably getting offtopic - i think quadcore is still rare at least in
PC world yet.