Lennart Sorensen escreveu:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 04:59:22AM -0300, Erick Tostes wrote:
>> Hans-J. Ullrich escreveu:

>>> Yes, I know this option. This would have been the other choice, if no
>>> one will be able to send a debian package. But still I hope....
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Hans
>>>

>> Hans .. solv your problem are more simple than you think. Just make sure
>> do you have the headers package and build-essential. than go to the
>> nvidia driver support, get the 64 driver and run witout terminal. The
>> install will make and install the modules on your modules page, and you
>> can choose inside it recreate your xorg.conf ..
>>
>> are very simple !!
>
> Until the next xorg upgrade overwrites one of the files and breaks things.
> Packages are a much better idea to use.
>
> The nvidia installer is one of those awful things that works fine
> initially but will cause a breakage down the road when doing something
> seemingly unrelated.
>
> Unless you want your system to be like windows, just avoid 3rd party
> installers.

    So .. i like make my kernel image by myself, and use the nvidia
installer .. i never had problems. A lot gnu/debian versions .. stable
or unstable+experimental .. i never had problems. But the nv module
works great ..

So now aim using the beta nvidia driver and it's works great ..

- --
Erick Tostes

Analista de Infra-estrutura
Alcis Ltda - Tel/Fax: (11) 5531-7444