On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:16:41PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:00:11PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>
> > In this case a Pre-Depends is overkill, a simple Conflicts is enough.
> > Please find a patch below to fix the problem.
>
> Please confirm this with the amd64 porters.  This whole transitions has
> been plagued with problems; the predepency was added due to breakage in
> the original transition plan.  I'm not going to do anything with this
> without confirmation, this transition has been nothing but trouble.

Note that this solution (suggested by one of the dpkg maintainers) is
the one that has been tested and implemented for libc6-dev-i386. No
problem have been reported so far, contrary to the Pre-Depends version
which sometimes causes troubles to apt and aptitude.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net