Mark Brown <broo...@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:41:51PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>
>> Note that this solution (suggested by one of the dpkg maintainers) is
>> the one that has been tested and implemented for libc6-dev-i386. No
>> problem have been reported so far, contrary to the Pre-Depends version
>> which sometimes causes troubles to apt and aptitude.
>
> Given that and what you say on IRC I'll have a look soon.  I'm very wary
> of anything to do with this transition due to the multiple issues with
> it.

When you do the change just test if you can unpack lib32z1 with dpkg
prior to unpacking libc6-i386 (or rather running preinst). I suggested
the Pre-Depends because policy clearly states that then the preinst of
libc6-i386 will be run before lib32z1 is unpacked. But if the dpkg
maintainer say conflicts is sufficient and you confirm that for
lib32z1 then that is perfectly fine.

MfG
        Goswin