Hi there,

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsore...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 10:27:53AM +0200, Jonatan Soto wrote:
> > I checked it out yesterday and I found a more 'realistic' memory usage
> than
> > the shown with top or free. I would like to post links containing the
> > exported images of the charts but I don't know why some fields (the
> > important ones) are not shown. I must go to the traditional way,
> printScreen
> > + gimp...I also can post memory usage data exported in excel format if it
> is
> > the interest of somebody. I will do it ASAP.
> >
> > Well, I'm actually a bit confused here. I don't know in what direction
> > should I go, I mean if I should investigate further and try to find an
> > explanation for this or reinstall everything using a backported kernel or
> > continuing the installation of the services and let's see what happens.
> Note
> > that I am running out of time that's why I tried the official stable
> release
> > because I thougth it will be pretty straightforward.
> >
> > For now I am thinking to reboot every server, except Server4 which is
> > running correctly (at least the memory usage showed seems reasonable to
> me),
> > and then observe how they behave.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> So any idea what is using the memory?

No idea at all....

> By the way does your guest have the vmware tools installed?

Yes they do. But good to mention this because I don't remember if a
restarted the servers since I installed vmware-tools.... Besides that I
prefer to wait a little bit more in order to check how behaves Server4 (the
only one that I've rebooted recently)

> If you do, then you probably have /proc/vmmemctl.  Check what that
> file says if it exists.

Here it is (eg: Server1):

target:               503386 pages
current:              503386 pages
rateNoSleepAlloc:      16384 pages/sec
rateSleepAlloc:         2048 pages/sec
rateFree:              16384 pages/sec

timer:               1135686
start:                     1 (   0 failed)
guestType:                 1 (   0 failed)
lock:                2518801 (  54 failed)
unlock:              2015361 (   0 failed)
target:              1135686 (   0 failed)
primNoSleepAlloc:    2518801 (   0 failed)
primCanSleepAlloc:         0 (   0 failed)
primFree:            2015361
errAlloc:                 51
errFree:                  51

Is primFree the total amount of free memory available?

> --
> Len Sorensen

Thanks Len, I really appreciate your help!