Package: apache
Version: 1.3.31-4
Severity: important

I just upgraded Apache (among other things.) Now my site, which runs
b2evolution (serving up a .php index file), does not display and
constantly generates new windows with nothing in them. (It's like an
infinite loop.)

Or, if Mozilla/your browser is not configured to handle x-html-php
files then trying to visit the site just asks you what to do with the
file. Something is obviously broken, but I can't figure out what to
change to fix it.

I selected to keep my old httpd.conf when upgrading. Strangely, all my
other virtually-hosted sites work fine. None of them uses PHP, so I
looked around and saw that apache-mod-php4 was not installed. It seems
to me that it used to be. So, I installed it and still no fix.

Any ideas greatly appreciated (to address listed below) as my site (also
below) is down until I figure this out!

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.6.040615
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C

Versions of packages apache depends on:
ii  apache-common               1.3.31-4     Support files for all Apache webse
ii  debconf                     1.4.30.2     Debian configuration management sy
ii  dpkg                        1.10.23      Package maintenance system for Deb
ii  libc6                       2.3.2.ds1-13 GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  libdb4.2                    4.2.52-17    Berkeley v4.2 Database Libraries [
ii  libexpat1                   1.95.6-8     XML parsing C library - runtime li
ii  libmagic1                   4.09-1       File type determination library us
ii  logrotate                   3.7-2        Log rotation utility
ii  mime-support                3.28-1       MIME files 'mime.types' & 'mailcap
ii  perl                        5.8.4-2      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction

-- debconf information:
* apache/enable-suexec: false
  apache/server-name: www.sharealike.org
  apache/document-root: /home/brian/b2evolution/blogs
  apache/server-port: 80
  apache/init: true
  apache/server-admin: brianwc AT ocf.berkeley.edu