Package: apache-common
Version: 1.3.31-4
Severity: important

Hi,

I'm loathe to send in bug reports, but I've been asked to resubmit this as
apache-common or post to the debian-apache list (see #269738), and seeing
lists.debian.org says 'It is neither for submitting bug reports (please use
the BTS for that), nor for support requests', I'm resubmitting it.

OK, here's the short of it:
> Setting up libapache-mod-php4 (4.3.8-9) ...
> Error: mod_macro.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
> The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
> Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
> Debian Apache Maling List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
> on how to proceed
> dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-php4 (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 20
[...]
>  libapache-mod-php4
[...]

I get the same error message when installing the latest apache 1.3.31-4
sarge package, *however* an error isn't reported by apache's setup. But as
per above libapache-mod-php4 does, so setup doesn't complete.

I see that as per the below posting to the debian-apache list someone's
already posted about this 'problem', but with no reply. Like he says, is it
possible I can just get or make up this .info file, or is it perhaps not a
bug, or something else?
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2004/08/msg00368.html

Interestingly, despite the lack of a completed setup, my php4-based site
http://greta.electric.gen.nz/gallery/ still runs for some reason. (Yes, I've
restarted apache.)

Like with my original bug report, if I've used the wrong forum, please
advise.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i586)
Kernel: Linux 2.4.16-586tsc
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C

Versions of packages apache-common depends on:
ii  apache-utils                1.3.31-4     Utility programs for webservers
ii  debconf                     1.4.30       Debian configuration management sy
ii  libc6                       2.3.2.ds1-13 GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  libdb4.2                    4.2.52-16    Berkeley v4.2 Database Libraries [
ii  libexpat1                   1.95.6-8     XML parsing C library - runtime li
ii  mime-support                3.28-1       MIME files 'mime.types' & 'mailcap
ii  perl                        5.8.4-2      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction
ii  sed                         4.1.2-1      The GNU sed stream editor
ii  ucf                         1.07         Update Configuration File: preserv

-- debconf information:
* apache-common/confignotes:
  apache-common/old-logrotate-exists:
  apache-common/logs:
  apache-shared/debconf-modules: mod_userdir, mod_unique_id, mod_status,
mod_setenvif, mod_rewrite, mod_negotiation, mod_mime_magic, mod_mime,
mod_log_config, mod_headers, mod_expires, mod_dir, mod_cgi, mod_autoindex,
mod_auth, mod_alias, mod_access, mod_php4
  apache-shared/restart: false