On Tuesday 24 July 2018 17:19:28 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> On 24/07/18 20:45, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 July 2018 14:23:33 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> >
> > haven't tried the ssh -v, which machine? The output of service ssh
> > status, on the pi looks legit as its the log of successfull stuff
> > from the data there.
>
> On the machine you run ssh on, obviously (That's "ssh" the command,
> not "SSH" the protocol etc. :-)
>
> > Since I am careing for an invalid wife, I'd better go fix us
> > something to eat, later Mark, and thank you.
>
> Dagnabbit Gene, I wish there weren't two ways of pronouncing that word
> :-)
Which word? The invalid is that she is deep enough into copd that her
remaining time is limited, and she cannot quit smoking. Tried several
times, gets bored and goes thru another pack in 5 or 6 hours.  On oxygen
obviously.

But she is still a VALID wife, of 29 years this December. Shes 78 and I'm
83 and its obvious to me that I'm fading too. I had a pulmonary embolism
3 years ago, usually fatal, but it did cost me a few IQ points, dammit.
That guy who could pick up 200 lbs in each hand and walk it all over
town 60 years ago? He now has a couple crushed disks in his lower back
and needs help with a 30lb lathe chuck.  Don't get old if you can help
it, its not the fun AARP tries to sell you. :(

Take care.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)