On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:25:43AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> - if we go this way it will mean that we'll have to continue to support
>   the few "required Recommends" that have been identified in the past;
>   one example is busybox for initramfs-tools, another that IMO is worth
>   keeping is libgl1-mesa-dri for X.Org; we'll have to review the changes
>   made by Joey in tasksel that dropped some packages from tasks, but I
>   doubt many would need to be added back;

Shouldn't they actually be Depends if they are really required for a
working system? I don't see why you want to special case some packages.
If ppl don't want recommends they should really not get any recommends
and decide for themselves if they do want to install these additional usefull
packages. IMO you can't have both, no recommends and everything that is
generally usefull to have but not a dependency.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.