reassign 548128 clock-setup
retitle 548128 rdate fails when the system clock is set to a very old date
block 548128 by 502336
user 548128 debian-boot@lists.debian.org
usertag 548128 powerpc
thanks

Benjamin Nave wrote:
> I am trying to install Debian 5.0.3 on a PowerBook G3.  I have
> downloaded both the 5.0.3 PPC netinst and full DVD ISOs, but the
> installer hangs at the same point during both installs.  When I Ctrl
> +Alt+F4, I can see an error message that says:
> in-target: Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
> in-target: You should only proceed with the installation if your are
> certain that this is what you want to do.

Hi,

We've diagnosed the probably cause of this issue after a another user
reported the same issue.
You can find the information at: http://bugs.debian.org/548128.

I'm not sure if you're still interested in this as it's been a while since
you submitted your report. It would be great if you could confirm that the
very old system clock is also the cause in your case.

Cheers,
FJP