Hi,

Sotirios Vrachas <sotir...@vrachas.com> wrote:
> Hello Holger,
>
> > No urgency here, we are far away from any deadline, so there is no need for
> > a quick translation update.
> > But it would be fine, if you could sent me a quick note, if you are willing
> > to take over the translation update job, or not. Even if you say "not before
> > mid of 2018" or the like, that's fine by me.
> > However, if you say "no interest, sorry", I would try to recrute other
> > translators for Greek.
> > So, what do you think?
>
> Tomorrow I am facilitating an event in Athens about TailsOS
> localistation. Looking at
> https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/level1/el.txt it is only 19 fuzzy
> translations and 38 untranslated strings. I will look at them tomorrow
> during the event. So it is going to be before mid of 2018 :) .

That's perfect! :-)

> I would like to mention that even if my native language is Greek, I do
> not use the Debian Installer in Greek because the translation changes
> technical terms from the commonly used English name to Greek. Is the
> objective here to make the installation accessible to someone that can
> not use any English?

Yes, or someone who is at least unsure with using English.

Are you aware of any such critical changes on technical terms?
Means: are that things, that should be fixed?
Could you give details?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076