Hi Holger,

Holger Wansing schreef op za 06-07-2024 om 23:49 [+0200]:
> Hi Frans,
>
> Frans Spiesschaert <frans.spiesscha...@yucom.be> wrote (Sat, 06 Jul 2024
> 22:59:01 +0200):
> >
> > Please find attached the updated Dutch translation of systemd-boot-
> > installer debconf messages. A draft has been posted to the debian-
> > l10n-
> > dutch mailing list allowing for review.
> > Please add it to your next package revision.
> > It should be put as debian/po/nl.po in your package build tree.
>
> This package is a new package within debian-installer, and you have
> already
> translated this in
> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-Don't worry about the duplicated
> work on my side and sorry for the duplicated work I caused on your
> side.i/-/commit/2e70fa0c732301108ee2dd5bd50bc32b12f7fcfe
>
> I guess you have found this package on
> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/nl, right?

Indeed.

> I have implemented a change on 25.06.24 to make this package disappear
> from
> that pages, but apparently you grabbed it earlier :-(

In the past, some po-debconf pot-files included in debian-installer had a
header informing translators of this, with the addition that translations
should not be done via debconf. But in an ideal world, such packages
should not appear in this kind of lists at all.

> Some translators are so quick ;-) , that there is no time to react, if
> things
> go wrong at some point.
>
> I wish, you could allow a delay of a week or so, before starting to
> work,
> when new packages appear.
> That would allow package maintainers or language coordinators to react,
> if
> things go wrong, to avoid duplicated work...

From time to time I take a look at
https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/nl
to see if there is some work to do, but I don't know how to check how long
ago a new package appeared in that list for the first time.
Don't worry about the duplicated work on my side and sorry for the
duplicated work I caused by this on your side.

Kind regards,
Frans