Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org> (2024-10-03):
> And that logic in tests/desktop controls indeed, if desktop task
> is pre-selected.
> Maybe it's time to raise that limit once again?

Yeah, that looks plausible.

> Of course, one might ask, what has changed in the last few weeks:
> that might be the size of partition (however since you used the
> small_disk recipe, that should only be marginal), or maybe some
> dependencies have changed at some point, so that more packages
> are now included in the default desktop.
>
> But either way, at the end we will need to raise the limit above by
> 1 or 2G anyway, to get this solved IMO.

That would work for me, yes: I think it's better to provide safe
defaults, and let people who want to have a desktop environment select
it; maybe they'll get lucky and it'll fit, maybe that won't be the case.

Seems better than selecting something by default without being sure it
does fit?

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>