On Thursday 21 December 2006 17:08, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> > The hostname issue is not tackled with yet since ppp-udeb's
> > functionality should be merged into (or called from) netcfg somehow
> > and I didn't had the time to investigate that yet.
> >
> > Please include this in the next release of ppp.

+echo "ETH=$IFACE" > /usr/lib/finish-install.d/50pppoe-iface
+chmod +x /usr/lib/finish-install.d/50pppoe-iface
[...]
+. /usr/lib/finish-install.d/50pppoe-iface

Eddy,

This is _not_ how finish-install.d is supposed to be used. It seems you
are now creating a "script" with missing shebang, but set -x which is
later sourced by another script.

Again, this is _not_ correct usage of finish-install.d.

Cheers,
FJP