Gents,

        I see archives on "porting BSD to Debian" from May, 1999.  There
        have been times when I thought porting the Free andor NetBSD
        *kernel* and mixing it with both the Berkeley and GNU utilities
        was DEAD.  But, unless the archives are mostly spam, I was wrong.

        I've used FBSD since v. 2.0.5, and it has only had one "fatal
        trap" since.  Right now I use BSD on my DNS server and two other
        local servers.  Anything new is Ubuntu.

        What I'm wondering is whether there will be a version of
        Debian-BSD  that will be as bulletproof as the Berkeley distros
        with the ease-of-use of Debian.  Guesses, SWAG, or other insights
        welcome.

        tia, y'all.

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix