Hello!

While preparing for the new upower 0.99 to go into unstable I'd like
to alert you guys about the below which comes from the announcement
at: lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2013-October/001519.html

[...]
> Support for non-Linux OSes
> --------------------------
>
> The new policy decision for low batteries is not implemented on the
> non-Linux systems that have backends in UPower, namely FreeBSD and
> OpenBSD. As legacy code in UPower used to do this for those systems, it
> should be fairly straight forward to copy/paste from UPower 0.9 to bring
> back hibernation in those systems. PowerOff might be a little bit more
> work.
[...]

This was quite a while ago and I don't know how things looks today
on the bsd front here... Possibly this is still an opportunity for
some more work.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson