On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 02:02:19PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> Bittorrent doesn't really solve anything compared to serving ISOs
> over http, except for the inital rush of the most popular files.

I agree (naturally;-)

In contrast to bt, jigdo is designed for the case that lots of HTTP/FTP
servers around the world already hold the data, it just needs to be puzzled
together in the right way.

What's really missing is a GUI, applet, browser extension or similar to
make the jigdo functionality available to a larger user audience.
Unfortunately, my jigdo GUI efforts got stuck at the "80% done" level. I
considered proposing work on it for the Google SoC, but like many things
these days, it never happened due to me being too busy. :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883
54F7
  ¯ '` ¯