On 5 Jun 2006, Andreas Barth outgrape:

> WHEREAS

> 1. Sven Luther complains that he has been deprived of commit access
>    to debian-installer's svn repository after he stepped back as
>    installer powerpc maintainer.

> 2. The Debian Project Leader has decided to uphold this particular
>    decision of the debian-installer project head.[1]

> 3. Cooperation between Sven Luther and the installer team can also
>    happen via patches sent to the bug tracking system.

> 3. Access controls to source code repositories are not something in
>    the regular domain of the Technical Committee.  However, there is
>    some doubt in this case whether the Project Leader has intended
>    to ask the Technical Committee to review the decision.

        Personally, there is no doubt in my mind that the project
 leader did _not_ ask the tech ctte to be involved; I read that
 communications as saying "If you wish to override the DPL decision,
 appeal it to the TC" (I also am unsure the TC could have over ruled
 the DPL anyway, given this is not a technical decision).

> THE COMMITTEE
>
> 1. UPHOLDS the decision of the leader of the installer project and
>    the Project Leader.
>
> 2. RECOMMENDS that the involved parties proceed as suggested by the
>    Project Leader.[1]
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00235.html

        I vote in favour of this resolution.

        manoj

--
To enjoy freedom we have to control ourselves.  -- Virginia Woolf
Manoj Srivastava   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>