On 15/01/14 21:01, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Likewise I think one can forget the porters of an arch to do so.
> [...]
> As much as it may be hated, a clean decision "this is it, the rest is
> officially not supported" [...]

If the decision were something like that, and only systemd were
officially supported, don't expect porters of non-Linux arches to down
tools and give up.  We may have to drop lots of stuff if we can't get it
working without systemd.  But I expect we'd still put out a release
(official or not) with some other compatible init system and our own
init scripts for whatever we have to.

I also think some people would care enough about running GNU/Linux
without systemd, that we could combine our efforts in that case.

I'd like to know as soon as possible if non-Linux ports ought to focus
efforts on our existing SysV init, switching to OpenRC, or be trying to
port Upstart.  I'm personally undecided and the tech-ctte decision could
easily sway my opinion on this.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain