Hello,

On Mon 26 Sep 2022 at 03:28PM -04, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> Package: tech-ctte
> Severity: normal
>
> I formally request that the Technical Committee call a halt to the
> merged-/usr transition until such time as all of the bugs in dpkg that
> can, on a merged-/usr system, cause damage to the contents of the
> filesystem (e.g. packaged files being silently deleted on upgrade)
> have been fixed to the satisfaction of the dpkg maintainers.

I believe that this request is invalid, for two reasons:

- the specific things you ask for are all or mostly things that we think
  are currently up to the Release Team, and the TC cannot override
  delegates

- you might be lacking the full context of TC-involving discussions over
  the past few months, but so far as I can see, you are asking for us to
  undo a decision that we only just made, which doesn't make sense.

Therefore, we will likely just close this bug, I'm afraid.

--
Sean Whitton