Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Still, if 1.6 were to replace 1.5.2, we had to check all packages that
> depend on Python, if we think their license is still compatible with the
> new Python license, and remove them if it's not. I'd opt against this.

Hm, I'm confused. Are you saying that you think that code written in
pthon must have a license that is compatable with python's license?

I don't see us making this kind of check for code written in perl, or
code wirtten in C, or any other language.

Or are you really only talking about packages that dymanically or
statically link with python?

BTW, welcome to slashdot and linuxtoday. :-P

--
see shy jo