[...]

    Gregor> 1) Ignore Python 1.6 and up, as long as the license is not
compatible
    Gregor>    with the GPL. That's probably the easiest way to go, but is it
    Gregor>    justified ? Looks like a deliberate discrimination against a
    Gregor>    DFSG-free license, only because it's not GPL compatible.

    Gregor> 2) Include both Python 1.5.2 and 1.6 in woody/main. The 1.6 packages
    Gregor>    would not satisfy the dependencies of existing packages; any
maintainer
    Gregor>    who'd make a package depend on Python 1.6 would have to make
sure that
    Gregor>    its license is compatible with the Python 1.6 license.

    Gregor> I think I'd prefer the second solution. What do others think ?

Sound judgement, I'd say... and from what I gathered on c.l.py, 1.6
isn't that important anyway (they mainly did it because they promised
CNRI they'd do 1.6 as a CNRI release).

So, let's wait for 2.0 (final, or at least a beta with an improved
license) and do that one.

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html