[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I don't like mailing lists at all so I'm looking for a way to read the
> debian lists using Slrn. Leafnode does not support mailing lists, so I'm
> forced to use an Internet NNTP server for this. My provider does not feed
> linux.debian.* so I can't use that server. I searched on GoogleGroups and
> the Debian lists archive but could not find any useful server either. Only
> sunsite.dk, which sucks. I miss a /LOT/ of articles.

Last I heard the usenet group is unidirectional mail -> news
and was a little flakey at that.  Making it bidirectional would
invite all the noise/spam problems that you get with usenet.

You can read the groups on lists.debian.org with a browser.  Or
mutt threads mail well.  Or if you're running your own news
server (cnews is simple to set up) you can use one of the
mail-to-news programs and take advantage of the news system's
expire and newsreader's threading. "apt-cache search news mail
gateway" shows some of those if you're running unstable (for
the multiword search).  apt backports to stable cleanly if
you're running stable.

HTH,
Rick