On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:41:19 -0500
Mark Mealman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Hell yes, and it's great. The number of morons using Debian has
> >> noticably decreased since gentoo came on the scene; they now have
> >> something that will give them the stupid things they asked for, so
> >> they stop asking us for them.

Andrew, we who have been on #debian have long suspected but not logged
(until now, that is) you engaging in exactly this kind of intellectual
bigotry... This is certainly something we can (and will) now point at.

> I've been using Debian for about 6 years, however I guess I'm still one of
> these "morons".

[...]

> And then there's the political BS that's been with the Debian scene
> since, well, about forever. I really don't miss  that or the occasional
> elitest attitude that crops up. Last I checked no one on the Gentoo
> forums called anyone who used Debian a moron. So I suppose in that
> respect it really is a superior distribution.

Andrew Suffield and others who engage in poor behavior such as calling
people morons and coming out and stating that debian should be some kind
of "smart people's club": Mark is correct, you should NOT engage in this
behavior.

> -Mark

Mark,

Gentoo is relatively young. Give them time, and they'll scrap amongst
themselves with the best of em. Debian is political because we have a
lot of political units (aka PEOPLE) who are acting as developers. I
don't think Gentoo has as many developers as we do.

You can partially blame Andrew Suffield's presence as a developer on
me: I advocated him.

-Jim